In October every year the US Navy comes to town in what is known as Fleet Week.
For three days the skies are filled with sonic booms, aircraft whizzing overhead in group maneuvers and Sailors staggering the streets looking rather sea-lorn…
In the last few days I’ve had the pleasure of seeing:
- The Royal Canadian Airforce Snowbirds drawing hearts in the sky
- An FA-18 Strike Hornet perforating my ear drums and performing insane vertical climbs (to a Top Gun soundtrack of course)
- A B2 Stealth Bomber – direct from Area 51 and better on video too. (Yeah, my nickname `Shaky` is evident on that vid).
- A 747 skimming over Alcatraz
- The Blue Angels flying under and over the Golden Gate Bridge